DataStage Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devaraj4u
Participant

DataStage Error

Post by devaraj4u »

Dear All,

The Soruce Table Contains 1,14,835 Rows.I am trying to do ETL.Both Source and Target Tables are in Oracle.But I am getting the Following error.

SQLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=1114
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01114: IO error writing block to file (block # )

Can anybody help me what is this error.

The Query of Source Table Contains 13 Joins becuase it needs to fecth other information from other tables.

Thanks & Regards,
K.S.Rajan.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This message is being returned by Oracle. The error code within Oracle is -1114, and is decoded in the logged event (IO error writing block to file). Consult your Oracle DBA (or errors manual) to find out what the possible causes might be.

In the ODBC-style error message:
[DataStage] is the "vendor" of the client
[SQL Client] is the "client software" (DataStage BCI)
[ODBC] is the ODBC driver manager
[Oracle] is the vendor of the ODBC driver]
[ODBC] is the ODBC driver for Oracle
[Ora] is the Oracle client software

That all these components appear shows that the query got out of DataStage, through the ODBC driver manager and ODBC driver and Oracle client software.

SQLSTATE is a generic ODBC error (S1000 = "generic error for which no specific SQL State has been defined), DBMS.CODE is the error code returned by the database server (Oracle), though with the sign removed, and the error text at the end has also been generated by the database server.

The problem may be at source (if the join needs to write to a temporary file) or at target. Your Oracle DBA should be able to track down the file associated with the given block number.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
devaraj4u
Participant

Post by devaraj4u »

Thanks Ray,

Lemme ask my DBA to look into it.

Regards,
K.S.Rajan.
etlandbi
Participant

Post by etlandbi »

What oracle error points to is that the device on which the file resides is offline. Ask your DBA to bring the tablespace online and then give it a try.

Thanx

Rahul