dscmdexport

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dickfong
Participant

dscmdexport

Post by dickfong »

Hi, Im trying to schedule the datastage export of a project on DataStage AIX and the client that Im using is a Windows 2000. I typed the command as follow

dscmdexport /Hhostname /Uusername /Ppassword Project c:filename.dsx

The command failed, returning 'unable to attach...' I've did the same thing successfully with a DS client and server sitting on the same Windows 2000. Are there any tricks to export from remote server?

Thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Well, there's a Windows pathname in your command, which UNIX probably doesn't like. It also may prefer UNIX-style command line switches rather than Windows-style.
I wouldn't expect "unable to attach" as the error message for that, though. Of course, because of the Windows-style switches, it may not be able to identify the location of the project!

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Hi dickfong,

have you also started successfully the using the command from the windows commandline?

Wolfgang
dickfong
Participant

Post by dickfong »

WoMaWil,
Yes, I've exported a project from a DS server on Win2000 successfully with the command that I've posted.

Ray,
You are right, but I've forgotten to jot down the error msg from the UNIX console. Yet, I've tried the command with no path (file name only) without success. [:(]. Any idea?
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

when using dscmdexport this programm needs some *.dlls from DataStage. So you can only start the tool on a Client Maschine with DataStage present on this machine. On a Windows Maschine without DataStage on it (remote Server) you can't use this tool nor any other DataStage Tools.

Wolfgang
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

A well formed dscmdexport command looks something like -

&ltdrive&gt:AscentialDataStagedscmdexport /H=dsdev /U=dsadm /P=jimbob4 IFS_Project2 "c:tempIFS2.dsx" /V

Also, keep in mind that if any of the objects are in use then the export will fail with no option to skip.

There are more switches so refer to your Administrator guide for more information.

Regards,

Michael Hester