Command-line bug

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roosenr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Command-line bug

Post by roosenr »

Hello,

I have the following problem:

I have a datastage job that queries an Access database without problems, even when I have the Access database open on my desktop, so there are no exclusivity conflicts...

But when I startup the same job from the command line and I have the Access database open, the job aborts and gives the following error message:

ccessYSAPEinsert..modifYEARMONTH: |AccessYSAPEinsert..AccessYSAPE: DSD.BCIConnect connecting to prognoseinput, call to SQLConnect failed.
SQLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=-1032
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.|

Any ideas why this is??

Kind Regards,

Rogier Roosen
Belgium
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you specifying a user ID and password on your dsjob command line?
roosenr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by roosenr »

But the userid and password of the access db is defined in the ODBC connection on the datastage server and that is also used when the job is started within director. Normally this won't make a difference.

or am I wrong?
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Bonjour Rogier,

How have you defined your ODBC Connection on the Windows Server?

USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN?

Attention it should be SYSTEM DSN!!!

Wolfgang
roosenr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by roosenr »

Yes ofcourse,

a system DNS ODBC connection is defined to the Access db. The job runs OK when I start it up in Director, that is the strange thing, only not when I start it from command line, then it crashes and says that the Access db is already in use, even when it's not openend by anyone...
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Rogier,

I don't have any more logical ideas how to proceed. Sometimes I have successful results, when I am experimenting a bit.

Ma proposition:
Wrap the job in a batch.
Start the batch from director.
If it runs okay start the batch from commandline.

Wolfgang