DS Client XP PRO only?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

DS Client XP PRO only?

Post by chulett »

Ok, I'm working my way thru my list of "Things That Went Wrong with My 6.0 Upgrade". [B)]

Getting home and trying to install the 6.0r3 Client on my XP Home system, I find it only supports NT4, W2000 & XP *Pro* - not Home. Unlike previous versions which would install on unsupported systems, this now checks and won't even install, which leaves me SOL as far as remote support goes. Anybody know if there is a trick or command line parameter to override the O/S check so I can get this installed? I don't need support, just a (mostly) working client, dagnabbit.

-craig
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think we need to ask Ascential why this is. The older versions' clients could install on Win98 and even Win95, so it's unlikely to be related to needing NTFS (and eXPensive Home can do that anyway).
Dunno.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'll do that tomorrow. Opened a case just before I left work on some of my other issues, I'll throw this in the mix.

FWIW, I was expecting to leave an 'after hours' message, but ended up speaking to a very nice Australian lass instead. No worries, indeed! [:D]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You wouldn't believe how nice. Added to which you got her the day after her first wedding anniversary. [;)]