DataStage Job Execution

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suresh
Participant

DataStage Job Execution

Post by suresh »

Hi,

I have a DataStage job for creating hash files which runs through fine when i am running through the debugger stage.The same job when i am running through the director it abnormally terminates. But in both ways it performs the operation successfully.Can anyone help me out as to what could be the possible reason for an abnormal termination.

Thanks and regards,
Suresh
suresh
Participant

Post by suresh »

Hi,

The job has three containers where i create the hash files in each container.
The job terminates abruptly after creating these hash files in the transformer which points to these containers.

Thanks in advance,
Suresh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please let us know the details of all messages that are logged during one of the runs that aborts.
Also, if there are any files in &PH& that relate to this run (clear it first), please advise the contents of these.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
suresh
Participant

Post by suresh »

Hi Ray,

The datastage log when i ran the job using the director is

LoadTempEstHdr2Files..LCVehlocationcntctdetails.TrDefVehlocationcntctdetails: DSD.INTClose Active stage finishing.
2 rows read from SLEstimateFileswithFolderpath7
2 rows written to SLVehlocationcntct
2 rows written to SLVehlocationcntctinp

Abnormal termination of stage LoadTempEstHdr2Files..TrExtractXmlFile detected.

But when i try running using the debugger in designer i get a different log message wherein which all the containers 'active stage' finishes and the job finishes. In the above mentioned log the message for the first container active stage finishing alone is shown but while running through debugger all the messages corresponding to active stage finishes are shown and in the former it gets terminated abruptly eventhough the same functionality prevails in both.

Can you please be more explanatory in clearing the files in &PH&.

Thanks,
Suresh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

&PH& is a subdirectory in the project. In &PH& are logged output from all DataStage execution processes; some of these are subsequently transferred to the log.
Clearing &PH& means simply deleting all files from the directory.
Use an operating system command, or (from the Administrator client Command window) CLEAR.FILE &PH&

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
Triton46
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Triton46 »

What version are you working with? I recently discovered a bug with a job which is looped X number of sources. Some sources would pass through fine but others would not. I tried cleaning every column coming through, which eliminated some of the problem, but was still getting abnormal termination of stage. Finally, after working with DS for a month found it was a bug. Try setting your transactions size and array size to 1 on all outgoing OCI.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The job, as originally described, was creating hashed files. No mention of OCI stages, or even of Oracle. [:p]