Scheduled Job Never Starts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mnevotti
Participant

Scheduled Job Never Starts

Post by mnevotti »

Has anyone ever seen this before?

We scheduled a batch job to run at 4am Tues through Sat mornings. On Saturday morning at 4am, in the Director I see a message

DS.SCHED: Started at: 04:00:01 11 JAN 2003, directory edwpd
JobNumber=369, TraceLevel=0/50, JobInstance=3

But then there is no other message after it. The batch job never actually started. I double-checked that the job is scheduled in the Director and it is. Anyone got any ideas of where to look?[?]

-Melinda
sankar18
Participant

Post by sankar18 »

Hi mnevotti,

It is Windows based system.
then you check the task scheduler ( windows 2000 ) is started.
Once the scheduler is set to started. the scheduler in Datastage will run automatically.

with regards,
T Sankar
mnevotti
Participant

Post by mnevotti »

The environment is:

UNIX Tru64 version 5.1
DataStage version 5.2

It isn't a windows based system. It uses the crontab in UNIX as the scheduler.

This problem seems to be an intermittent problem that pops up every so often with no explanation. It appears that the cron launches the DataStage batch job, but then for some reason, the DataStage job is not actually launched.

-Melinda
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

Check that you have all the AT permissions (AT.ALLOW I believe) and see that the invoking user has KSH at the default shell
mnevotti
Participant

Post by mnevotti »

The problem with the job starting is only an intermittent problem that we have seen a few times here and there. Most of the time the job is scheduled and launches successfully. I don't think this is a problem with AT permissions as it runs most of the time correctly. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Thanks for your help. These intermittent problems are real buggers to solve, eh?

-Melinda
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How was the Batch created? Through the Director Batch option, or via a Job Control routine?
Does the Director interface show the job as still scheduled? Or has the job disappeared from this interface (showing that the script to start the job has been submitted)?
Does your computer not like working weekends? [:D]
Perhaps you could enable stage tracing (level 1 only) on a Transformer stage to see whether it gets as far as executing.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
jseclen
Participant

Post by jseclen »

Hi Melinda,

I had the same problem in the past, when i scheduled my jobs and never run,

With the Ascential support discover the reason, inside the folder projects there is an directory called &COMO&, you have to change the permission to 777.

After change try to schedule some job.

I hope this help.[:D]

Miguel Seclen
Lima - Peru