dscmdexport error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastage
Participant

dscmdexport error

Post by datastage »

when trying to use dscmdexport.exe I get the following error: "dscmdexport aborted:
Failed to load resource dll"

I have no issues using the Manager export on the same client machine. There are so many DS dlls, does anyone know about this error or which of the dlls is the resource library? (perhaps I only need to re-register the dll manually)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Resource DLLs are the bits that allow DataStage to be constructed to be localized for different languages. They have names like resourcennn.DLL, where nnn is a language code, for example the resource DLLs for the Administrator client are vmdsadmENU.DLL for English (US) or vmdsadmJPN.DLL for Japanese. The resource DLL on the server for the FTP stage is dsftpenu.DLL for English (US) or dsftpjpn.DLL for Japanese.
Failure to load can be any of the reasons that DLLs fail to load, most common being that they are not properly installed or not properly registered.
Within each project there is a hashed file called DS_RESnnn (for example DS_RESENU or DS_RESJPN) that contains the resource information for string display within that project.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518