Unknown DataStage Abort Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Looks like when you exported the job you left out one or more routines that are used by that job. Have a look at the tranformers within the job and get a list of the routines it uses. Move those routines into production. Alternatively use the Release Management tool available from this site to automatically export all components used by your job during delivery for a safer approach.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The fact that it's DSD_BP.O where something cannot be found suggests to me that there's a problem with the DataStage server installation on your production machine. DSD_BP.O contains (compiled) routines for the browser, general run time activities, some BCI interludes and so on.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Possibly yes but probably no.
DataStage is looking for something in DSD_BP.O: something called "?" according to your original post, so it may be that a required DataStage routine (not one of yours, which would be in DSU_BP.O) has not been catalogued, which led to my original diagnosis of an incomplete installation of a project.
At this distance it is very difficult to diagnose more precisely; one would need to check out the code generated by the job to see exactly where the error was being generated. Which doesn't help, I know, but that's how it is.
What you might like to check is whether the contents of DSD_BP.O are identical in both projects, and whether the operating system permissions on DSD_BP.O are the same for both projects.