Schema support - help needed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kjanes
Participant

Post by kjanes »

What type of Schemas are you trying to bring in? Database schemas/Table Definitions? For certain data modeling tools like PowerDesigner, you need to save the model as a PowerDesigner/XML format (which is an option when you save). Then, whe you import the schema to DataStage, DataStage uses the PowerDesigner Metabroker in coordination with the Microsoft XML Parser to bring in the schemas.

Does this sound like what you are trying?

-Kevin Janes

Kevin Janes
kjanes
Participant

Post by kjanes »

In DataStage Manager, under the menu item Import and then Table Definitions, there is a selection for XML Table Definitions that brings up a dialog that allows you to select schema types biz, xdr, and xsd for import.

-Kevin
kjanes
Participant

Post by kjanes »

We have been applying transforms (XSLT) to MetaStage output and came across the same message. To correct it, we changed the style sheet to the following:

OLD
<!--
xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"
-->

NEW
- <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

If this is not applicable to you then I would suggest checking
http://www.w3.org.

-Kevin
sansan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sansan »

Hi Shiva,

I'm also facing the same problem now like" W3CXML Schema'(XSDL)not supported".How can you import the schema?

Thanks a lot
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

Guys !
What XML pack are you using it seems to me that it's the old one (from the CD). There is a new xml pack 2.0.1 (with a new importer) and the doc states support for XSD. give it a try
sansan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sansan »

Thanks a lot,ariear.I'm currently using XML Meta Data Plug-in and version is 6.0.15. I'm not sure which version of XML pack I'm using. How can i check it? As I'm a new user of datastage.

Two more things I'd like to know that are:
1) I can create the XML doc from squential file stage by exporting as the XML doc in datastage manager.But is there any methods can i use to create XML doc in datastage designer without using datastage manager?
2) Can I create XML schema in datastage (i.e. schema is not imported from datastage manager)as I need to transfer some data that are from DB2 to XML schema for B2B usages? If it's possible, how can i do it?

I'm really need help to proceed my project.Thanks you very much.
ariear
Participant

Post by ariear »

Hi,
First ask your Ascential rep. for the XML 2.0.1 pack (I think it's free)
Second the Manager export is for DataStage Objects only (for Backup/restore and such) - You need to write a datastage Job that'll do this conversion between Ascii file and XML doc.
Last I believe you to have to take a course or some mentoring for a fast start
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Where are you in the world, sansan?
You can seek the fast start training through your DataStage provider, or directly through Ascential (check www.ascentialsoftware.com).
HToroyan
Participant

Post by HToroyan »

For XML schema, use XMLMDImporter.exe from C:Program FilesAscentialDataStage directory. It works.

Hagop Toroyan
Sr. Data Warehouse Consultant
CGI, Toronto, Canada