Job missing in Director

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vbalacts
Participant

Job missing in Director

Post by vbalacts »

Hi All,
We are using DataStage V4.1 on UNIX. There is one job called ControlJobTgtSvcConfig which is missing in DataStage Director and it throws an message box saying "ControlJobTgtSvcConfig: RT_STATUS Record for wave 20 not found". But the same job is present in DataStage Manager. I tried copying the same job but I couldnt. Is there is any reason for this? How to get that job? And, how to avoid such things in future?

God is an Infinite Circle whose Centre is Everywhere but Circumference is Nowhere
nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nigel »

Hi

It looks like some sort of corruption.Try this:Log all users out and do a project cleanup in Administrator. You must be logged in a a super user (root or NT Administrator) to do this.

Best of Luck

Nigel
vbalacts
Participant

Post by vbalacts »

Thanks for ur response.

Is there any precautionary measure to avoid such thing in future?

Bala

God is an Infinite Circle whose Centre is Everywhere but Circumference is Nowhere
nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nigel »

Hi Bala

It depends on what was done prior to your problem. If you had just installed/imported a large amount of jobs into your project via DataStage Manager, then it is best to do project cleanup prior to and after importing components. This is just a precautionary measure, and seems to work for me. It may seem a bit of an overkill, but ist best to know that you've done everything in your power to fix this.

As a sideline, your problem could also be related to the Datastage Job files being corrupted. These job files are in fact hash files and these files do get corrupted occasionally. Their is a command called uvfixfile at unix level. It can be found in the datastage bin directory.

Regards

Nigek

Nigel