about oracle erp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivasb
Participant

Post by srinivasb »

Hi ,

Oracle ERP Ver 11.4.5 is accessed through OCI stage (Am using DataStage Ver 4.2 on NT) to extract Data from Oracle ERP to SQL Server for reporting purposes.

ODBC stage for Oracle does not work on DataStage 4.2 .It will give an error message.

1.Step I set ODBC Connectivity to Oracle ERP using ODBC Administrator/UNIX (am not a unix guy - u need to check)
2.During Installation of DataStage, you need to invoke the plugin for oracle
3. Once the ODBC is set , your plug in can be invoked from manager , import table definition --- plugin
4. Your job designs will use OCI stage instead of ODBC( Red colour cylinder instead of ODBC blue :-))
5. OCI Stage does not allow you view data option on the output side i.e when you write from any stage onto Oracle OCI , you will not be able to use the view data option
6. Last but not least, Oracle OCI stage DOES NOT USE NUMERIC ROUND FUNCTION Of DS Transform i.e when you use the NumericRound function , you will get data truncated messages.
Use Oracle ROUND function from the input side itself....

ALL THE VERY BEST

Srinivas.B

Srinivas.B
Dubai
Mobile :00971507380893