Problem with oracle stage in PX jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dlvsrinivas
Participant

Problem with oracle stage in PX jobs

Post by dlvsrinivas »

Dear All,

I have a parallel extender job which reads records from a sequential file. I am using upsert write method with 'Auto-generated update only' mode to update the record. There are 3 key fields defined in the actual oracle database table.
Key1, Key2, Key3.

My update is based on key1 and key2 only, so I have defined only these keys in the oracle stage. When I have run my job for small number of records, the updation worked fine. Now when I have run the same job for some huge number of records the job is getting aborted and is giving the following error. I am not able to figure out which record is exactly creating problem.

Please help if any of you have any solution to this. Any information is also very helpful to me.

Error message:

WriteTable2.LkOutToWriteTable2,2: Open failed for update.
sqlcode is: -1008
esql complaint: ORA-01008: not all variables bound

Thanks in advance,
Srinivas.
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

quote:Originally posted by dlvsrinivas
[br]I have a parallel extender job which reads records from a sequential file. I am using upsert write method with 'Auto-generated update only' mode to update the record. There are 3 key fields defined in the actual oracle database table.
Key1, Key2, Key3.

WriteTable2.LkOutToWriteTable2,2: Open failed for update.
sqlcode is: -1008
esql complaint: ORA-01008: not all variables bound

Ensure that your Column Propogation is turned off for the job. Apparently, you have the input file with a different format that was expected, and DataStage PX propagate those extra columns.

-T.J.

... now if this can make breakfast, my life is complete.