How to Call One Sequencer Job from Another Seq...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devaraj4u
Participant

How to Call One Sequencer Job from Another Seq...

Post by devaraj4u »

Hi All,

I have one sequencer Job say (USADailyControl) Which is calling USA Daily Downloads(1-10),I have another Sequencer Job(CanadaDailyControl) which calls Canada Daily Downloads job(1-7).Now both are independent jobs and running fine.But Now the business needs (want) to call CanadaDailyControl Sequencer Job from USADailyControl Job.Is it possible in JOB Sequencers....or any routine is there do so...

Some body advised me that Create a Job which contain 1 Container(Call USACanadaDailyControl) and put these 2 Sequencers jobs(USADailyControl,CanadaDailyControl) and pass parameters to it,it will work like that.But i don't know how to do Container Job programming....Can some body help me in this case....

Ray it will be helpful if u throw some light for me.

Thanks & Regards,
K.S.Rajan.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

A sequence job can call another sequence job. You currently have two sequence job that are well sized with 10 server jobs in one and 7 server jobs in the other. Now you can create a new sequence job that calls up both those sequence jobs. You can even run them in parallel so that you have two sequences running at once, which is advisable if you have more than one CPU.

You will need to create parameters in your master sequence job that can be passed to your USADialyControl and CanadaDailyControl sequence jobs.

Vincent McBurney
Data Integration Services
www.intramatix.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no need to encapsulate your jobs in containers, unless you're planning to implement them within a Parallel Extender environment.
A job sequence is just another kind of DataStage job, so it is perfectly legal and feasible for one job sequence to invoke another. In fact, at the most recent project in which I was involved in India, we used a five-level hierarchy of job sequences.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518