DataStage Information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mkeevil
Participant

DataStage Information

Post by mkeevil »

I am new to DataStage and need some information, I have tryed searching the internet and looking for books, but can't seem to find anything on DataStage 4.1.1. Does anyone know where I can find something to help me get started?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... that version of DataStage is pretty old, so you need to be aware of that when looking for documentation. Back then, the software shipped with complete hard-copy documentation (ie, manuals) so that would be the first thing I'd look for. Also, DataStage has always had excellent on-line documentation, so that would be something to dive into as well. You are not going to find any 3rd party books out there in the world, at least as far as I know.

Nowadays (and back then as well, I believe) there was also a pdf copy of all of the manuals on the DataStage cdrom, and they installed into a 'Docs' directory under your Client installation dirrectory. Check to see if you have that. Pdf documentation is also available for all plugin stages, but you need to pull that off the cdrom yourself.

Lastly, if you are running on an NT platform, there is a Tutorial available. Never been thru it myself, but that may be another option for you. Oh, and there's always Ascential Education if you want to take a class or two. Hope this helps,

-craig