Pasting information from Manager to Excel files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gpbarsky
Participant

Pasting information from Manager to Excel files

Post by gpbarsky »

Hi there.

I'd like to know how can I paste the information stored in DS Manager (table definitions), to transform it to Excel files.

Does anybody know how to do this ?

And besides, I?d like to know how can I get my own listings of DS.

Thanks in advance.

[:D]
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

I just know that this is gonna be wrong because I haven't tried it myself, but other folks have talked about using the Reporting Assistant to report on a project, then get the data out of the Access database that it uses. Sorry, I don't know what the DB name is, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Hope I'm right [:)]
Good Luck.
Tony
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

gpbarsky

In the DataStage Manager under the tools menu is where the Reporting Assistant resides. It will extract the job designs into doc_tool.mdb usually in the C:Program FilesAscentialDataStageDocumentation Tool. It is a little bit difficult to figure out where they stored filenames and important information. Most of what you need is in the DSProperties table.

Kim.

Kim Duke
DwNav - ETL Navigator
www.Duke-Consulting.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Open the doc_tool.mdb in Access, get past the startup macro, and inspect the standard queries and reports that report on Tables. This will pretty much give you all you need by following this approach.

It is also possible, with knowledge of how things are stored in the repository, to use DataStage BASIC to export table definitions into an output file. I recently had a need to do just that to prepare some table definitions for INTEGRITY.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
gpbarsky
Participant

Post by gpbarsky »

I want to thank all of you, because you are the only source for getting specific and technical information about DataStage.

"Muchas gracias, mis amigos."

Guillermo P. Barsky
Buenos Aires - Argentina