Abnormal termination of stage(Urgent)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devaraj4u
Participant

Abnormal termination of stage(Urgent)

Post by devaraj4u »

Hi All,

When I am running Staging area Job I am getting the Following error.

Abnormal termination of stage LoadStagingDLDTSeqToStarWithEnrichment..Map detected

If I am running this Job(LoadStagingDLDTSeqToStarWithEnrichment) alone it is working fine if i m calling from Control Job it says this error and Job is aborted.

Any body have any Idea.Please help me.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Reset the job.
When you reset a job after it has aborted with an abnormal termination of stage, there is often an entry (sometimes more than one) called "From previous run..." that provides extra diagnostic information.
After the job aborts and until it is reset, this information is kept in the &PH& directory in the project on the server. It is moved from there into the job log when the job is reset.
When you post your results, make sure you've read and understood ALL the warning and error messages that have been generated, and provide a synopsis of them. The Fatal message alone is always insufficient to provide meaningful diagnosis.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
devaraj4u
Participant

Post by devaraj4u »

Dear Ray,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Here after I will explain the Problem in detail Sir.

1) I did reset the job still the Job failing with the error message

"Abnormal termination of stage LoadStagingDLDTSeqToStarWithEnrichment..Map detected"

2) after that i attempted the Try copying the Job in some other name and Rename the same.

It was also saying the same warning message.

3) I also tried in DataStage Director

1) Job(Menu) ---> Cleanup Resources.
2) Job(Menu) ---> Clear Status File.

But nothing working out.

If I am running the Job separtely it is working fine But if I am calling from the Control Job it is failing with this error

"Abnormal termination of stage LoadStagingDLDTSeqToStarWithEnrichment..Map detected"

Could you please give me some more suggestions to handle this situations.

Thanks & Regards,
K.S.Rajan.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you reset the job, was there an informational message (Type = Info, green icon) in the job log with "From previous run..." as the first line? This event usually contains the diagnostic information needed to determine why the abnormal termination occurred.
devaraj4u
Participant

Post by devaraj4u »

Dear Ray,

Job is resetting Properly.I am not getting any Info/Warnings messages for that Ray.

Thanks & Regards,
K.S.Rajan.
devaraj4u
Participant

Post by devaraj4u »

Hi Ray,

As u told I am getting the following Warning/Info message after Re-setting the Job.

Warning/Info Message
--------------------
DataStage Job 645 Phantom 84
Program "JOB.1628820055.DT.1297519047.TRANS7": Line 522, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage LoadStagingDLDTSeqToStarWithEnrichment..COUN
Program "DSD.INTClose": Line 134, Unable to open the operating system file "DSD_BP.O/%".
[ENOENT] No such file or directory
Program "DSD.INTClose": Line 134, Unable to load file "".
Program "DSD.INTClose": Line 134, Unable to load subroutine.

Please help me to proceed further Ray.

Thanks & Regards,
K.S.Rajan.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That DataStage cannot open a file in DSD_BP.O is a problem within DataStage. It's trying to execute a function that it expects to find there.
You could try examining the file JOB.1628820055.DT.1297519047.TRANS7 in the RT_BP645 directory; at or near line number 522 will be the call with which DataStage is experiencing a problem - though it may well have had its name mapped earlier in the subroutine.
This information would be useful to supply when you log a call with your DataStage support provider.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518