DataStage Port in Unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

badhri
Participant

DataStage Port in Unix

Post by badhri »

Greetings,

This is again another post regarding the connection problems.

Which Port does dataStage use in Unix. I just upgraded my DataStage Development Env running Sun Solaris from DataStage 5.2 to DataStage 6.0. The systems outside the Firewall are unable to connect to this now and were connected earlier.

Now when I went back to see the port DataStage is running I found it was using 31538. (Courtesy /etc/services)

So the question 1 is, WHY is giving the problem now and not earlier in 5.2 ??.

Now I found that my Test Env which was upgraded from 4.2 to 5.2 earlier two entries in /etc/services.

dsrpc 31538/tcp # dsrpc RPC daemon
uvrpc 31438/tcp # uvrpc RPC daemon

So which one is right ???

Now I get the error message.

Failed to connect to host: 10.10.22.28, project: UV
(The connection has timed out(81015))

I'm afraid the port 31538 is not open but if so again how did my earlier version work.

Please help :(

Thanks in Advance.

Badhri ...

Badhrinath Krishnamoorthy
www.cognizant.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In versions of DataStage prior to 6.0, the port number for unirpc was 31438, and this was shared with the UniVerse database.
At release 6.0 of DataStage, the port number for DataStage was changed to 31538 (it IS in the readme file!), one more artifact of the previously-advised divergence of DataStage Engine from UniVerse. This is why you see one entry for dsrpc and another for uvrpc.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
badhri
Participant

Post by badhri »

Thanks for the response Ray.

The port 31538 was not opened to the Firewall. I will do that and check this out. Hope it works ;).

Thanks,
Badhri ...

Badhrinath Krishnamoorthy
www.cognizant.com