Project creation in an automated process

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

csimms
Participant

Project creation in an automated process

Post by csimms »

Hi,

My company is using DataStage version 5.2 and is trying to develop an installation program for setting up DataStage at a client's site. It currently does everything from installing DataStage to creating the database and connections that it will operate against. However, it is not able to create the actual project where we wish to house our already developed jobs. To this, I ask the question, is possible to create a project as part of some automated process? Can you run the Administrator in a silent mode whereby user logon data, project name, and an Add verb are passed to it. I do realize that the Administrator tool takes into account licensing issues such as project count, but feel that since you are able to install DataStage plus its license as part of a automated process, then you should also be able to add or modify projects as well. And bye the way, an initial call to DataStage's support department did not yield any results.

Chris Simms

Senior Systems Engineer
Extended Technologies Corporation
9708 Skillman Road
Dallas, TX 75243
csimms@xtekcorp.com
www.xtekcorp.com
214-540-4108 (Desk)
214-540-4000 (Front Desk)
214-540-4004 (Fax)