Solaris DS Installation to NT DB2 UDB Instance

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Starg
Participant

Solaris DS Installation to NT DB2 UDB Instance

Post by Starg »

Hiya,
I hope that this does not sound like a simple question, but im banging my head against a wall. We currently have a DataStage 5.2 installation running on Solaris 2.8. From this installation we connect to a Sybase ASE on Solaris 2.8, Sybase IQ on Solaris 2.8 and a DB2 V5r1 on a AS/400.
I've managed to configure these succesfully. The Sybase ASE installation via Open Client, the Sybase IQ installation using the Sybase ODBC driver supplied and the DB2 connection using the Wired driver supplied by Ascential (and therefore also a ODBC connection).
I am now trying to connect DS to a DB2-UDB 7.2 instance running on a Win2k box and I do not know where to start. My assumptions so far are that:
1. The Wired driver is only for DB2 on AS/400's. The $ODBCINI settings are not relevant for a DB2-UDB 7.2 installation.
2. I need some sort of Client Access installation for Solaris, our Tech services group do not know of one (but then they just support Windows -> AS/400 connections). I gather I am looking for something similar to the Sybase Open Client, but I cannot find it.
3. Using the 'Mysterious' Client Access version for Solaris I can then use a standard DB2UDB stage in DS.

Does anybody know where I can get this Client Access from? Im sure I downloaded a version off the IBM webpage about 6 months ago, or am I fooling myself and its something that we must purchase?

Thanks

Starg
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think you're right about it being able to be downloaded from IBM; you get the software for free but have to buy the activation key! [8D]

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518