Concat in Universe Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asnagaraj
Participant

Concat in Universe Stage

Post by asnagaraj »

hi,

the need is to use an UV stage to write a select clause that does a join of 5+ hash files and it also does a concatenation of some of the input fields when providing the output.

as we all know oracle has a function called concat to get the purpose solved.but what is that i can do in UV for solving the same.

Help me.

Programmer Analyst,
Cognizant,
Chennai.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or (as we all know) you can just use two pipe symbols "||" to do the same thing in Oracle. [:D]

I have no idea how you do it in Universe, but here's a wild guess - have you tried using a colon?

-craig
asnagaraj
Participant

Post by asnagaraj »

yes i have tried but only errors [:(]

Programmer Analyst,
Cognizant,
Chennai.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, since the dual pipes are standard SQL and are not specific to Oracle, I tried them out in 'Universe' and... they work! Try that.

-craig
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's correct; UniVerse complies with ? level of ODBC 2.0 SQL grammar, so it has "regular" SQL functions like SUBSTRING and TRIM (which are different from the corresponding UniVerse BASIC functions of similar name). And, since || is defined as the concatenation operator in the ODBC 2.0 SQL Grammar, that's the one to use.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518