Problem in Sending Mail using DSSendMail

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bala
Participant

Problem in Sending Mail using DSSendMail

Post by Bala »

Facing this problem in Datastage 5.2 on the Unix AIX,when calling then DSSendMail function to send the mail. During execution, it has created "sendmail_TestMail.sh" under project directory (.../ds_projects/cust), but it couldn't trigger the shell script.I could receive the mail when I run this shell script manually.
Follwoing is the error message from the ETL job:
=================================================================
TestMail1..JobControl (DSSendMail): Error when executing command: "sendmail_TestMail.sh"
*** Output from command was: ***
SH: sendmail_TestMail1.sh: not found.
=================================================================
Please let me know if anyone has the solution for this.Thxs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The error message is returned from the operating system, and is very clear; the shell script could not be found. This is most likely because the directory in which it occurs is not one of the directories listed in the PATH environment variable.
Possible solutions include:
invoking the shell script using its full pathname (recommended)
placing the pathname of current directory (.) in PATH
placing the pathname of project directory in PATH
raviyn
Participant

Post by raviyn »

I have got a similar problem i am using in WINNT .I have set the path properly. I am gettin the following error while sending a mail...

It says the client was not authenticated what might be the reason for it.Is there any special configuration reqired more.
Bala
Participant

Post by Bala »

Hi Ray,
Thanks for your reply.
Checked the PATH variable and is having the current dir (".") in its path reference.
The problem is, while execution, the DSSendMail function creates the shell scripts in the proper directory, but failes to fire it.
Actually, it suppose to do these two actions when it was executed. But, it has done the first action properly, but failed in the second action.

If there is a problem in the PATH variable setup as you said, then how it has created the shell scripts in the proper directory during execution?!
Bala
Participant

Post by Bala »

Hi,

Added following line in the dsenv file in datastage home directory.

PATH=$PATH:.; export PATH

Now, it is working fine.