Correct Terminal Setting for uv Backend

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Starg
Participant

Correct Terminal Setting for uv Backend

Post by Starg »

Hiya,
Whats the correct terminal settings so that the HELP pages work when logged into the uv backend. I currently use a X-Term to connect to our Solaris box, but the Main Help window is always screwed.

My current uv TERM settings are
>TERM
Terminal Printer

Page width: 80 132
Page depth: 65 66
Page skip : 0
LF delay : 0
FF delay : 2
Backspace : 8
Ansi

I've tried changing from ANSI to a range of VT and Xterm settings, all with making little or no difference. I've also tried connecting with the Windows Telnet or Hummingbird Telnet client, both have the same problem.

Its a small problem but its starting to get me frustrated :-)

Thanks

Starg
philds
Participant

Re: Correct Terminal Setting for uv Backend

Post by philds »

Hello,

Did you ever managed to get it work ?
I have the same problem, using putty or msdos window to connect to an AIX DataStage server.
I tried export TERM=vt100, ansi, VT100... + TERM command within uvsh but I can't get a clean output with the HELP command.

Phil.
Starg wrote:Hiya,
Whats the correct terminal settings so that the HELP pages work when logged into the uv backend. I currently use a X-Term to connect to our Solaris box, but the Main Help window is always screwed.

My current uv TERM settings are
>TERM
Terminal Printer

Page width: 80 132
Page depth: 65 66
Page skip : 0
LF delay : 0
FF delay : 2
Backspace : 8
Ansi

I've tried changing from ANSI to a range of VT and Xterm settings, all with making little or no difference. I've also tried connecting with the Windows Telnet or Hummingbird Telnet client, both have the same problem.

Its a small problem but its starting to get me frustrated :-)

Thanks

Starg
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The terminal type is - should be - picked up from the TERM environment variable.

Execute the GET.TERM.TYPE command to find out what terminal type the engine believes you are using. Also check your telnet client to determine what terminal type it claims to be emulatiing. Use the SET.TERM.TYPE command to make the engine match this.

For example, if your telnet client is emulating a vt220 then

Code: Select all

SET.TERM.TYPE vt220
This command also has WIDTH, DEPTH, MAP (for NLS) and other options.

If Help now works, you can use

Code: Select all

HELP SET.TERM.TYPE
Note that it is not possible to set a terminal type successfully for the Administrator client command window (in which the HELP command is explicitly blocked for this reason). It's also not possible to set a terminal type successfully from a "console" - for example a CMD shell in Windows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.