MQseries Realtime Processing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

trobinson
Participant

MQseries Realtime Processing

Post by trobinson »

We are contemplating developing an EAI Realtime MQSeries DataStage job that will process XML Messages. We'd like to talk with anybody who is in production with such a DataStage configuration. The DataStage job will utilize the MQSeries Plug-in stage with a wait time of -1 (indefinite wait). Messages will arrive at approximately 5 minute intervals in XML format and be pushed to the job where the XML is parsed, transformed and eventually become Updates to Oracle. Is there anybody out there doing this? Please e-mail me at todd@biarchitect.com and we can talk about it.

Thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I do not believe that you can do anything 'real time' with DataStage at this time. You will need to wait for their 'web services' offering, which I think is currently in beta. From the seminar I sat thru, it sounded like that should let you do exactly what you are proposing. Probably best to contact your local Ascential rep and ask them, or check out 'http://www.ascentialsoftware.com/webservices' for more information.

-craig