DataStage Upgradation 4.0 to 4.2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vbalacts
Participant

DataStage Upgradation 4.0 to 4.2

Post by vbalacts »

Hi All,
We are upgrading DataStage 4.0 to DataStage 4.2 . Can anyone send me the steps & Precautionary measures to be followed while upgradation? Also, will there be any compatibility issue?

Our DataStage server is UNIX.

God is an Infinite Circle whose Centre is Everywhere but Circumference is Nowhere
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Hello God,

don't start before you have check the expierence from other and think about on migrating to 5.2., it is already available for a lot of platforms. And check every stage-Type you use. I've seen a lot of people changing with informing before and those had had a lot of problem after the migration. Be sure you save your jobs (export) and make a copy of all files in Datastage, which can be changed (dsenv, uvconfig and many more).

And take time. Do it during the day, so that you can contact Ascential Helpdesk.

Wolfgang
Hi All,
We are upgrading DataStage 4.0 to DataStage 4.2 . Can anyone send me the steps & Precautionary measures to be followed while upgradation? Also, will there be any compatibility issue?

Our DataStage server is UNIX.

God is an Infinite Circle whose Centre is Everywhere but Circumference is Nowhere