Using UtilityRunJob Without waiting for its output

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Using UtilityRunJob Without waiting for its output

Post by Developer9 »

I am invoking a Sequencer though a Server job by using the DSUtilityRunJob. But this server job only completes after the Sequencer call is complete , is there a way i can get the server job to complete without waiting for the sequencer to complete?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but cloning and adapting UtilityRunJob. But I would counsel against this approach - how will you determine the successful completion or otherwise of the asynchronously started jobs?

Out of the box? No.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Ray , Thanks for the response. The sequencer has an email activity which notifies about the Completion status to the user.

Could you please explain in detail about "cloning and adapting UtilityRunJob"...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Source code for all the SDK routines is supplied. Make a copy of (= clone) the one in which you're interested (UtilityRunJob) and edit its code so that it returns as soon as the DSRunJob call has been made. Do not have it wait for the job to complete.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Ray , You are D Man. Tested the concept and it worked exactly as needed. Thanks for the Information.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You can do the same with dsjob command. Execute without the wait option.
Mamu Kim