How to find lookup properties in a Transformer Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

IBMDS4KK
Participant

How to find lookup properties in a Transformer Stage

Post by IBMDS4KK »

Hi DS Mates,

Today, I have joined in this group.

Question :

In the server job, Transformer stage can be used as a Lookup. Source and Reference links are connecting to Tx stage and comparing one column. I am not able to see the lookup options in the Transformer Stage like continue, drop, fail, reject. But internally, I would like to find which lookup option is working. Can anyone answer this question plz ? Thanks!
Kiran Kumar

...ALL IS WELL...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Those are valid options for Parallel jobs with the Lookup stage. In Server, you need to check the success or failure of the lookup after it happens and then programmatically decide what needs to happen. That involves either checking the NOTFOUND link variable or checking if the key field(s) come back NULL. After that it's all about the constraints you use.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
IBMDS4KK
Participant

Post by IBMDS4KK »

Dear Craig,

Thanks for the clarification. But I need some more information.
I know those options are for parallel jobs but u said we need to check success or failure of the lookup after it happens. How can we check success or failure, means which option is working internally. Thanks in advance!
Kiran Kumar

...ALL IS WELL...
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

Basically the transformer will perform a Left outer join, so the columns from your reference table will be NULL if there isn't any match.

If you want inner join, you should specify a constraint to filter out the unmatched records like below.

Not(ReferenceLinkName.NOTFOUND)
Arun
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I mentioned all that in my post and just opened it up so it can be seen. Arun posted much the same information.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
IBMDS4KK
Participant

Post by IBMDS4KK »

Dear Craig & Arun,

Now, I understood the concept. Thank you very much...
Kiran Kumar

...ALL IS WELL...