abnormal termination of stored procedure stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sabarinirmal
Premium Member
Premium Member

abnormal termination of stored procedure stage

Post by sabarinirmal »

abnormal termination of STP stage in happening in our server job. Job design is a source sequential file, which has the values to be passed as parameter inputs to the stored procedure, being called in the STP stage. the sequential file is directly linked to the STP stage.
Following is the extended log entry after re-setting the job:

From previous run
DataStage Job 274 Phantom 28505
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program DSP.ActiveRun at address 7a.

This process worked perfectly in our DEV environment, but is failing in our QA setup, both the environments being configured identically.

I did a search in this forum, but couldnt tag this issue to any post. Hence creating a new post here. Kindly advise.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How do you know that the problem is in the Stored Procedure stage? Please post any error message that verifies this.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sabarinirmal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sabarinirmal »

ray.wurlod wrote:How do you know that the problem is in the Stored Procedure stage? Please post any error message that verifies this.
i inferred from the following log entry that, only during stored procedure call, the STP stage is terminating abnormally.

"Abnormal termination of stage JobOraCampExtract..PR_DEALER_APPLICATION_2 detected"

Furthur , there are only two stages in the job, source being sequential stage linked to the target STP stage.

Please let me know, if am wrong here. Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's the proof I requested. Fault type 11 (in UNIX this is signal #11, or SIGSEGV, also known as access violation) which suggests that something in the stored procedure, or in the process of invoking it, has attempted to access an area of memory not accessible to the process. It's really difficult for us to determine much more than that. For example an attempt to push a 12 digit number into a 10 digit column (e.g. integer type) might raise this particular signal. But there are very many possibilities.

Can you execute the stored procedure successfully outside of DataStage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
Do you have proper privilage to run the SP in QA.
sabarinirmal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sabarinirmal »

we are able to successfully execute the stored procedure at the backend in the database
sabarinirmal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sabarinirmal »

Can the experts please assist me with this issue. Thanks
sabarinirmal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sabarinirmal »

it seems that the job exe, we are executing in QA, got corrupted. we reimported the exe, and the job ran successfully. closing this issue. Thanks