Abnormal termination of Link_Collector_64 detected in DS 8.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ufl_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Abnormal termination of Link_Collector_64 detected in DS 8.5

Post by ufl_developer »

Hello,

We are in the process of converting Datastage 7.5 server jobs to Datastage 8.5 server jobs. All jobs were running in production for quite a while and no aborts. Now I have seen a few times the jobs failed at Link Collector, the message like:

Abnormal termination of stage SERVER_JOB_NAME..Link_Collector_64 detected

and also other messages along with this aborts is something like:
SERVER_JOB_NAME..Link_Collector_64.DSLink49: ds_ipcput() - timeout waiting for mutex

I believe the main problem is from the Link Collector. I have quite some jobs that used Link Collector, and some of them were ok and some of them failed with similar error.

Has anyone encountered similar issue? What's the solution? Can anyone share some wisdom on how to resolve the issues?

Thanks!
Haiquan Dai
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you haven't done so already, do an exact search here for "timeout waiting for mutex", I got 85 matches so there should be plenty of information out there.

One thing to note - any stage where you can set a timeout value will timeout at some point, it's the nature of the beast and why I tended to avoid use of the Link Collector stage if at all possible.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
prasad.bodduluri
Participant

Post by prasad.bodduluri »

Abnormal termination of Link_Collector error come because of resources of server(ETL SERVER) is busy .
prasad