After Job Subroutine is not getting invoked

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tanu2706
Participant

After Job Subroutine is not getting invoked

Post by tanu2706 »

Hi

I have created a After job subroutine, which was working fine in Datastage 8.7 version. But when i tried to invoke the same routine in Datastage 9.1 version, its not getting invoked.

Can someone please suggest the possible reason behind it?

Thanks
Tanu
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
Can you please give us more information like any error message you are getting and what is done by subroutine.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is your setting for the job "only invoke after job subroutine on successful job completion" and what it the job status when run and when the routine is not invoked?
tanu2706
Participant

Post by tanu2706 »

wanted to know, do we need to enable some settings using Administrator for invoking the Subroutines?
tanu2706
Participant

Post by tanu2706 »

ArndW wrote:What is your setting for the job "only invoke after job subroutine on successful job completion" and what it the job status when run and when the routine is not invoked?
Sorry, my last message got wiped out. So i tried with both the option by selecting and unselecting "only invoke after job subroutine on successful job completion",but none was able to invoke the routine. Job finished with success status only but then also its not able to invoke.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

if you put a PRINT "ENTERING ROUTINE" on the first line of your routine, do you get a log entry at runtime?

-Alternatively you could CALL DSLogWarn("ENTERING ROUTINE","MyRoutine")
tanu2706
Participant

Post by tanu2706 »

yes, got that entry in the log. and script worked.
Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In that case you could mark this as resolved - am I correct in assuming that you were entering the routine, just not doing what you expected in it?