Folder Stage problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Probably related to how it writes out records, as noted in the documentation they are "delivered in a single column" - a LongVarChar. However, what happens if you sort the output by City first? Or have you?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
verify
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by verify »

No Change.Still it is giving the same result.
RK Raju
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I remember doing this and realizing that it needed everything in a single large column. ...so I concatenated all the values together, row after row, followed by CRLFs, and then used an aggregator to get the "last" value for each key (each "city").

The output derivation stays red, but works: (simple example but should give you the idea)...

outputLink.wholeLine : inputLink.myColumn : char(13) : char(10)

If you send this to a sequential stage, you'll see it grow in a cascading sort of fashion...

row1
row1 row2
row1 row2 row3

etc.

...aggregate it in another downstream stage by the key and get take the last value.....

...send those sorted rows (one per key) into the Folder Stage.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thought about this on the long drive to work... and was going to suggest the same thing. Thanks for the save, Ernie. :wink:
-craig

greggknight
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by greggknight »

Not quite sure what you are trying to do, but I would take and use a sf > transformer > and three seq files as out put. put a constraint on the first column to divert the records to the appropriate file a.txt,b.txt,c.txt.

I don't know why you are using a folder stage. a folder stage is used to read numerous files within a folder and process the data in each file.

the record definition for this is
filename <varchar(100)
record <LongVarChar(999999)
"Don't let the bull between you and the fence"

Thanks
Gregg J Knight

"Never Never Never Quit"
Winston Churchill
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It also supports being a target and dynamically changing the output filename based on data on the input link. That's the draw here where the number of files needed and their names are not known ahead of time.
-craig

verify
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by verify »

Since the data is very huge so i thought of using the unix script and it worked fine.
Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestion. :)
RK Raju