FTP Stage: Internal Buffer Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MrBlack
Participant

FTP Stage: Internal Buffer Error

Post by MrBlack »

If the file that I am trying to ftp over is a comma delimited file, the stage works, but if the file is a ^ delimiter then I get a

Code: Select all

Internal error: function 'buffer_to_row' failed
As a test I manually copied the file and tried using a sequential file stage with ^ defined as the delimiter and the stage will work. So what gives? Can anyone explain why I can't use whatever delimiter I want in the FTP stage?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Basically it runs out of memory looking for the first comma, because there isn't one when the file is delimited by caret characters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MrBlack
Participant

Post by MrBlack »

Um I have my doubts that is correct.

First since I've defined that the delimiter is a caret, datastage shouldn't be looking for a comma.

Secondly and this disputes the buffer overflow theory because my work around was to leave the comma delimiter defined and send the data to a sequential file. Doing this I don't get the overflow error.

My work around job looks like this:

Code: Select all

[FTP Stage] ---> [Sequential File] ---->[Transformer] ---> [Database]
So my theory is that Datastage has a bug and it uses that delimiter field for something other than just as a delimiter. This isn't the first bug I've found in the FTP Stage. I have also documented in another post (viewtopic.php?t=149853) that if you change the port number in the stage, datastage freaks out.