Urgent Issue with Hash file usage !!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

moulipx
Participant

Urgent Issue with Hash file usage !!

Post by moulipx »

I am using one hash file in 2 -3 server jobs . Column required in all the jobs are different ,so i have selected only required columns in respective jobs.
the above three job are running on daily basis . At the time of inserting the hash file ,some how one of the record is getting rejected .
To solve this problem , I had to clear the hash file completely and load it again and It worked fine .

Now my question is " What could be the possible cause of above issue ?"
Is it because of selecting differnet number of columns in the jobs ?
Chandra Mouli
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Urgent Issue with Hash file usage !!

Post by chulett »

moulipx wrote:some how one of the record is getting rejected
You need to understand that hashed file columns are positional and you are asking for nothing but trouble if you leave out columns or specify them in different orders unless you really know what you are doing. And it's hard to help with an insert issue if you don't tell us what the actual error message was.

Also clarify for us - do these three jobs run simultaneously? Do all three write to the hashed file?

And what the heck about this makes it any kind of "urgent!!" ? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What Craig said.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.