Hash File Calculator for Windows 7/DS 8.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bidsadw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hash File Calculator for Windows 7/DS 8.5

Post by bidsadw »

Hi

we recently ugraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 and DS 7 to DS 8.5

We still have a fair number of server jos that rely on 64 bit hash files ( we are very slowly converting them over to PX but it takes time ).

Since the upgarde to windows 7, we have lost the ability to use the hash file calcu;ator we had access to because a DLL file that existed in XP is no longer there in windows 7.

Does any one know of a windows 7 hash file calculator, even something on an excel spreadsheet would be nce, that I can get a hold of?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you thought about taking the ddl from an XP machine and moving it over to your Windows 7 pc? You'd need to manually register it using regsvr32 but that might do the trick.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bidsadw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bidsadw »

moving the DLL is not possible.

our office has very strict guidlines/controls in place to prevent installing such things
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you asked? Mine has "very strict" rules as well but will make an exception for a good business case.

I doubt Ray (or IBM) will be updating it any time soon to support new operating systems but he may come along and be able to share the algorithms behind it... who knows?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bidsadw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bidsadw »

The guys who maintain our systems are emphatic that they will not install the missing dll because it does not come with windows 7.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As far as I can recall, the Hashed File Calculator is a stand-alone exe (that is, it has no dependent DLL files). However, since it is written in Visual Basic, I can not be 100% certain on that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bidsadw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bidsadw »

the name o the DLL file that is causing the issue is msvbvm50.dll.

I am in no way suggesting someone go out of their way to rewrite the HFC.EXE.

I am in need of an alterantive way to get the required parameters to use the mkdbfile command?