421 Timeout (900 seconds): closing connection. 7.5.1A AIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

laks_dsx
Participant

421 Timeout (900 seconds): closing connection. 7.5.1A AIX

Post by laks_dsx »

We use Datastage 7.5.1 a Server edition installed on AIX 5.3 environment. we have an FTP job that grabs a simple unix file from another AIX server. The job runs fine on majority of the instances, but it fails sometimes with error "421 Timeout (900 seconds): closing connection." .

I dont see any consistent reason for the failure. today I tried in my development environment, i was able to recreate the probelm once when I run the same job 15 times in a row.

is anyone familiar with issue or a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would suggest you take ftp timeout errors to your Network and/or SysAdmin people for troubleshooting help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
laks_dsx
Participant

Post by laks_dsx »

Thank you chulett. I've tried that option too. My admin guys said they dont see any issue with network or system that time. when I was searching for some clues on internet, I found that there is a bug with 7.5.1a server edition that it handles only one FTP connection at a time (in a job). But my job got one FTP flow only and i am sure there are no other FTP jobs scheduled during that time.

Thanks
Lakshman
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... don't recall an ftp issue in 7.5.1a and I spent many moons working with that product version. But I'll be the first to admit that doing multiple ftps wasn't high on the 'to do' list.

Have you involved your official support provider yet?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
laks_dsx
Participant

Post by laks_dsx »

not yet, will do it. I want to try with my network/admin guys again to see whether they can find anything now, if I recreate the issue. Thank you
go4it
Participant

Post by go4it »

What is your environment like ?

Can you try a simple FTP script (Unix Script) and schedule it via Cron to mitigate issue on the networking side.

Just my thoughts
With Regards
M
laks_dsx
Participant

Post by laks_dsx »

http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview. ... wg1JR31822

the above page syas 7.5.1a had issue with multiple FTPs in a job; but am sure I had only one FTP job running at a time.