UtilityHashLookup fails when the hash path is different

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pratapsriram
Premium Member
Premium Member

UtilityHashLookup fails when the hash path is different

Post by pratapsriram »

I have been having issues with the Routine UtilityHashLookup in 8.5 server jobs. When the Hash files are created under /data/<Project_Name>/hash directory, the routine is not find the hash file when testing the UtilityHashLookup. But when the path is changed to /Projects/<Project_Name> then it is working fine. But this is not happening in all the servers. In Dev the original path /data/<>/hash works, but not in other servers like QA and Prod. So is there any setting we have to change for this routine to look into the specific path? I saw some posting having OpenPath statements, but could not get that to work properly.

The job in question is an old job which is being migrated from 7.5 to 8.5. So is this new to 8.5? Or is there any other way to tackle it.

Can anyone point me to the right approach on this?
Knowledge is Power
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look very carefully at the routine code. Does it use Open or OpenPath? What does that tell you?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pratapsriram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pratapsriram »

Ray,

It uses Open in the routine.

But this is happening only in QA and Prod regions. Dev box is working fine. That is why I was assuming that there is no issue with the routine.
Knowledge is Power
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The routine works only with account-based hashed files, meaning ones that were created in an 'account', i.e. a project and have a VOC record. For pathed hashed files, copy the routine to a new name and change Open to OpenPath.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers