Error in dlopen of oraoci9.so - libclntsh.so.10.1:

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RK72
Participant

Error in dlopen of oraoci9.so - libclntsh.so.10.1:

Post by RK72 »

Hi All,

We are in datastage env 8.5,migrating jobs from DS 7.5 environment.
I have imported all the jobs and i have got all the credentials to access our database source but in our job designs they have used DRS STAGE to extract the data,and when i am viewing the data from this particular stage i am not able to do so it throws the following error.

DRS_SRC_BUSINESS_UNIT_DIM: Could not load drsoci.so
DRS_SRC_BUSINESS_UNIT_DIM.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.

I have gone through the forums and i have replaced this DRS stage to OCI 9 stage to extract and when i am trying to view the data here also it throws me an error like following

ds_loadlibrary:error in dlopen of oraoci9.so - libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared objects file: No such file or directory

We have installed oracle client successfully and we have run some of the commands and restarted the server but no use still getting the same errors. PLEASE HELP ME

THANKS MUCH IN ADVANCE,
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

make sure you can find the libclntsh.so.10.1 file in one of the paths defined in LIB_PATH and is accessible by datastage user.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
RK72
Participant

Post by RK72 »

We have checked everything but still not able to figure it out where the problem is. We need to make the DRS source stage work, but really confusing where we had the error.
Last edited by RK72 on Thu May 17, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
RK72
Participant

Post by RK72 »

One more thing that we have installed oracle client 11.2.0 on our DS server successfully but when we tried to do IMPORT TABLE DEF-->PLUG IN META DATA DEF----> It showing the fields
DSDB2
Infmxcli
ORAOCI 9
SYBASEOC
Teradata
Does it showing correctly ,What my concern is we have ORACLE but it showing ORAOCI 9 Is it seems any problem in our ORACLE CLIENT INSTALLATION??
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

RK72 wrote:We have checked everything but still not able to figure it out where the problem is. We need to make the DRS source stage work, but really confusing where we had the error.
If you have checked everything then Its time to go to the support provider.

the error comes only when the oraoci9.so which is in DSComponents/bin or DSComponents/lib folder is invoked and is not able to find libclntsh.so.10.1. So you need to provide the path to ORACLE_HOME/lib in LIB_PATH.

PS: All CAPS are considered as shouting, avoid using it. People may feel offended.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
sreewin7
Participant

Re: Error in dlopen of oraoci9.so - libclntsh.so.10.1:

Post by sreewin7 »

I dont have any idea about this, but some link i found it may be helpful to you.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewt ... p?p=483261

Good luck.

Thanks
Sree