DSGetJobInfo (DSJ.ME,DSJ.JOBELAPSED) returns 0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

knowledge
Participant

DSGetJobInfo (DSJ.ME,DSJ.JOBELAPSED) returns 0

Post by knowledge »

Hi ,

When I am using DSGetJobInfo(DSJ.ME, DSJ.JOBELAPSED) in transformer in the job ...It is giving 0 AS result ..

I tried to search , it says its bug and can be fixed with patch fp1 ..We have installed that patch ...still i am getting 0 as return value ...

Anybody has any clue ..

Thanks..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would imagine it is because the job is still running, what happens if you call it in a routine after job? Also, what do you need this information for?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
knowledge
Participant

Post by knowledge »

Hi ,

I used it in transformer which loads target table ...I want to capture run statistics of job , i am using datastage macro functions to calculate start time, end time , elapsed time..But i am getting elapsed time zero ...

How can I use it in after routine and update the STAT table .

Please suggest ..

I woud like to calculate job performance statistics too ..like no of rows /sec for particular link ..

Thanks...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Best to create a generic job that captures stats from any job and updates your STAT target. Also look into downloading ETLStats from Kim Duke's website.
-craig

knowledge
Participant

Post by knowledge »

Hi Craig,

I have built shared container which runs in every job and collects stats for each job ...

I looked into KIMs ETLSTAts jobs , but it looks very complex , I do not have much time to implement ETLSTATs as need to provide STATS result soon ..

What is the methos to calculate in after job routines , Do I have to use basic function , create a file and update the STATS table with this file ..

Please suggest..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, that could work - a BASIC routine in all jobs to append the information to a flat file and then a one-time load of that to STAT post cycle.
-craig

knowledge
Participant

Post by knowledge »

Thanks ,

I will try ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not much help without a Premium account but Ray posted a complete OpenSequentialFile routine back in the day to illustrate all of the ins and outs of dealing with files in a routine.
-craig