Connectivity to Oracle Database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sambitsamantray
Premium Member
Premium Member

Connectivity to Oracle Database

Post by sambitsamantray »

I'm trying to setup connection to the Oracle database in Datastage 8.7. It's throwing up ORA-12203 (unable to connect to destination).

I tried installing Oracle in Datastage Server top check if it is resolving the issue but it's not.

Please help in figuring out if i'm missing out anything from my side?
Sambit Samantray
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

"Throwing up" is an unusual verb to use with an error message. :lol:

Before you configure DataStage to connect to Oracle, setup the database connection and test it from the Oracle client on the DataStage server. Once you confirm it's working outside of DataStage, then it's time to configure the DataStage server with Oracle environment variables.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

qt_ky wrote:"Throwing up" is an unusual verb to use with an error message. :lol:
It's a Texan thang.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sambitsamantray
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sambitsamantray »

The Oracle database was a source to our dataware house and it was supported by an external business unit. They had given us incorrect host name and port number. When they provided us the correct ones it was easily configured. :)
Sambit Samantray