Job control process (pid 26562) has failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

esivaprasad
Participant

Job control process (pid 26562) has failed

Post by esivaprasad »

Hi,
when we are running our main sequence (in this total 1375 jobs), some jobs are failing with the error
Job control process (pid 26562) has failed .
ie Job control process (pid xxxxx) has failed.
due to some jobs failing with this error,our daily load not completing.
if we ran the failure jobs,its completing successfully.
can you please any one help me how to resolve this Job control process (pid xxxxx)has failed, these errors.
Siva
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

I have faced this in the past and just a rerun would resolve the problem. If interested, you can take it to IBM support.
Kandy
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

When you reset the Aborted job, is a "From previous run..." entry added to the job's log? If so, please post the contents.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This error usually occurs if the controlling process (sequence, process running dsjob, job executing DSRunJob, etc.) is killed or if connection between the node and the conductor is lost for any reason. This is why a re-run is usually successful - the interruption does not occur the second time. They have the annoying property of being intermittent faults.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.