Extracting data from DB2 table ~ character is missing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BMSK
Participant

Extracting data from DB2 table ~ character is missing

Post by BMSK »

Hi All,

I am extracting data from table DB2. for one of the colum I defined as char. while extracting the ~ character its excludes.

pantai dalam ~ gilly valuey -----> pantai dalam gilly valuey

its skipping ~ value. I need ~ charatcter in Outputcolum.

Please help on this.

thanks
bmsk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First question - is this really a tilde character, or just a representation on the client of some other character? Use a hex conversion function when extracting from the database table to determine what the character actually is. Once you've determined that, post back and we'll try to work out why it disappears. If it were a genuine (printable) tilde character it would not disappear. Or is there something in your job design that you're not telling us about?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

in oracle we have dump() function to check the ascii value for each charcter in a string. Like that check is there any function available in DB2.
pandeeswaran
BMSK
Participant

Post by BMSK »

No this is entire string and stored in colum in table DB2. "pantai dalam ~ gilly valuey " when extract from table to file its comming "pantai dalam gilly valuey " tilda character missing.

DB2---->tran-----> seq

in transformer I checking null and empty value.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What we are asking is whether it's really a tilde in the data in the table, or some other character that displays as a tilde in some viewers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BMSK
Participant

Post by BMSK »

No its tilda in the table itself