ORA-01008: not all variables bound : error while deleting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

ORA-01008: not all variables bound : error while deleting

Post by kirankumarreddydesireddy »

Hi

We are trying to execute a user defined sql using bind variable in "before" option in the SQL tab in OCI stage.

Our requirement was to delete all the rows in the target table that matches to the input "report_date" before loading into target table.

Hence,we are running user defined sql in the "before" option in SQl tab in target OCI stage.

DELETE FROM DW_TRAVEL.AMEX_ABA_CAK_AIRLINE WHERE TRUNC(REPORT_DATE) =TO_DATE(:5,'YYYY-MM-DD')

It was givng below error.

ORA-01008: not all variables bound

However,when I run the same statement in oracle.it deleted the rows.
For example : We had run the below statement in oracle.

DELETE FROM DW_TRAVEL.AMEX_ABA_CAK_AIRLINE WHERE TRUNC(REPORT_DATE) =TO_DATE('2011-07-01','YYYY-MM-DD')

However in the OCI stage,we have used bind variable :5 for the input report_date which has value stored as '2011-07-01' field which resulted in the error.

Can anyone has any idea why we are getting this error?

Thanks
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you've got parameter marker :5 then you've got to do something with :1 through :4 (and, indeed, any beyond :5 that you may happen to have).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Thanks Ray.

Can you suggest something that we can do here for (:1 to :4 and beyond)
as I have mentioned our requirement was to delete all the rows in the target table that matches to the input "report_date" before loading into target table.

Thanks
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only supply to the delete the columns needed to identify the rows to be deleted. Chances are you only need one, and it will bind onto :1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Exactly. All columns in the stage must be bound into the query, so only send in what you need.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Hi Ray,

We have passed only the key coulmns on which we are deleting rows in target table and it worked.Thanks

Thanks
Kiran