migrating jobs from 7.5 to ds 8.5 version

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

esivaprasad
Participant

migrating jobs from 7.5 to ds 8.5 version

Post by esivaprasad »

Hi,
Please let me know what steps and process we need to follow while moving jobs from 7.5 to 8.5 version.
Please let me know the steps or brief procedure to move jobs from 7.5 to 8.5 version version.
Thanks in advance for all your support.
Siva
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think you should bring in someone who has done it before but failing that have a look at the online Information Server 8.5 Product Center documentation and read the section on Install planning, prerequisites and topologies. Version 8.5 has a different topology to 7.5 - it has four tiers (client, repository, services, engine) instead of two (client, server). If you open up the version 8.5 documentation you will find an entire document about migrating from the earlier versions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moving jobs, however, is straightforward. Export from one project, import into the other. The export file format is compatible into higher versions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

I have exported jobs from 7.5 and imported 8.5 version project .
After exported all jobs in 8.5 , while compiling i have got error "Stage Type Object 'ORAOCI8' not found".
After that i have replaced oraoci8 to oraoci9 .
Later i compiled all jobs, compilation success.
Siva