Creating ODBC Connection in Linux

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

irshanuddin
Participant

Creating ODBC Connection in Linux

Post by irshanuddin »

I am doing a new install of IS 8.5 on Linux Red Hat 5.7, switching from 8.1 on Windows Server 2003. When creating an ODBC connection in Windows environment for the AS400 DB2 connections, we used to check the box under "Translation" that said "Convert binary data (CCSID 65535) to text".
Where in the Linux environement can I specify this property for a connection?
I am running into warnings about binary data and I am thinking this is what I am missing.

can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

If there is a setting for that, then it would probably need to go into the .odbc.ini file on Linux. On AIX, the default path to that file is: /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine

Also, 8.7 is available and was built on 8.5 Fix Pack 1. I wonder if you could migrate once to 8.7 instead of twice (first to 8.5 then again to 8.7).
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
irshanuddin
Participant

Post by irshanuddin »

I have started a PMR with IBM on this, of course they want all the usual stuff to be sent to them first (version.xml, .odbc.ini etc...).
Still waiting to hear back from them...
Will post updates if any...
irshanuddin
Participant

Post by irshanuddin »

I found my answer browsing the web.
I had to add this line to my .odbc.ini entry for the particular AS400 connection:
CharsetFor65535=2028

Hope this helps someone.