Abnormal Termination of Link Collector Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

irshanuddin
Participant

Abnormal Termination of Link Collector Stage

Post by irshanuddin »

We are upgrading from 8.1 to 8.5 and after installation and migrating jobs manually (because we are switching platforms from Windows to Linux), I am getting started on testing jobs in 8.5. The first error I ran into is a job that ran fine in 8.1, but has failed repeatedly in 8.5. There are two warnings that I receive, one about a datatype mismatch,
("DSD.BCIOpenR results of function SQLColAttributes(WCDDSC) gave MetaData mismatch
COLUMN.PRECISION Expected = 250 Actual = 255")
and one about Abnormal termination of Link Collector Stage. The job properties do specify the Inter-Process Active-Active Lnk with increased buffer and timeout, which are also modified at the project level.
This is what the "from previous run" has:

From previous run
DataStage Job 811 Phantom 19363
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program DSP.Open at address 4d4.

I am not sure what else needs to be changed for this jobs to run.
irshanuddin
Participant

Post by irshanuddin »

Update: I was able to remove the datatype mismatch, but am still getting the abnormal termination of stage error. I did notice that my DSParams did not have RTLogging or ORLogging entries in it. I did add
RTLoggin=1
ORLoggin=0
to it. Didnt really help.
Any other ideas?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is inter-process row buffering enabled? This is mandatory if the Link Collector stage is used.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
irshanuddin
Participant

Post by irshanuddin »

Ray - Yes, Row Buffer is enabled with Inter process checked, Buffer Size of 256, and Timeout of 600...