Viewing Data in DataStage Hashed files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mdbatra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Viewing Data in DataStage Hashed files

Post by mdbatra »

Hi All,
I have recently transitioned from DataStage EE to Server version.
While working with Hashed files here in server, keen to know how to view the data in Hashed files from Unix like we do for datasets in EE using orchadmin commands ? Tried in administrator client, listing the hashed file(direcotry) like DS_JOBS etc. but no luck. Is it that if i create the file using 'Account Name' property, then only i would be able to read it from Admin as it would create the file in Project Directory ? Not sure/tried.
I have searched a number of posts here as well but couldn't get the needed one.
Any help to view the metadata and data for hashed files from Unix/Admin Client , would be appreciated.
Thanks !
Rgds,
MB
mdbatra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mdbatra »

After little more search, i understand that we need to use the dssh command from the $DSHOME/bin. Do we need to execute dsenv here first and then execute dssh ?
I don't have permissions to execute dsenv, hence checking whether i am on correct lines or not . But i still couldn't figure out how to make a call from Admin client for Hashed files(created at external paths) ?
Rgds,
MB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the hashed file is account (project) based you use a query language - either DataStage SQL or RetrieVe.

If the hashed file is not account based you need to create a VOC pointer to it then use a query language.

Yes, you do need to have executed the dsenv script first.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mdbatra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mdbatra »

Thanks Ray !
Rgds,
MB