XML output attributes

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arunkumarmm
Participant

XML output attributes

Post by arunkumarmm »

Hi,

We are trying to create a target xml file. The requirement is NOT to create an empty attribute in the target. I know used the option "Replace empty with NULL" in the xml output stage but this doesnt work for the attributes. Can you please let me know if there is a way to achive this?

Thanks in advance
Arun
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

I am still looking for a solution for this :(
Arun
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I haven't tried it recently, but if you can't get an entirely blank attribute via the settings, it may require that you build the element yourself......build it upstream (concatenate the tags and things together, along with the value in the element, if there is one) and then experiment with the data element of "xml" to put it into the final document.

....one question is...why do you need an entirely blank attribute?

Is it nullable? ...and if blank, what is reading it? Is it a required attribute at the target side?

Another thought, if the finished document isn't that large, is to put in a bogus value and then transform it downstream to blanks.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>