DATASTAGE Upgrade from Server 7.5.2 to Parallel 8.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sarjushah
Premium Member
Premium Member

DATASTAGE Upgrade from Server 7.5.2 to Parallel 8.1

Post by sarjushah »

Hi,

We have migrated server jobs which were in DS 7.5.2 to DS 8.1 parallel version. Both of these versions installed on same Linux server. Some of the DS server jobs with OCI stage has user defined SQL. These SQLs first column is the oracle sequence next val for surrogate key and the remainder columns are from transformer mapping. This job runs successfully in 7.5.2 ver but not in 8.1. It simply hangs out as it is running but nothing really happening. If I change the SQL to 'Generate SQL' in properties tab with adding DS sequence number for surrogate key column, it runs successfully. Would appreciate your thoughts/comments on this issue. Or may be wondering if anyone had gone through the same issue? Below is the sql..

INSERT INTO SAT.SDT027_USER_AKA
(USER_AKA_ID,
USER_ID,
ID_TYP_ID,
INTRNL_IDNTFYR_TXT,
CRTD_BY,
CRTD_DT,
LST_CHNGD_BY,
LST_CHNGD_DT,DLT_FLG)
VALUES
(SAT.SDQ027_USER_AKA_ID.NEXTVAL,
:1,
:2,
:3,
:4,
TO_DATE(:5, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),
:6,
TO_DATE(:7, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),
:8)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, DS 8.1 Enterprise Edition. These are still Server jobs I assume. Do you have eight columns defined in the target OCI stage? Does your executing user have the proper grants to the Sequence object? I imagine so since it used to work but seems like it should be asked.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sarjushah
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sarjushah »

Craig,
Thanks for your reply!
Yes, these are still server jobs in DS 8.1 Enterprise Edition. Yes, target OCI stage has 8 column mapped from XFM stage. Executing user has proper grant to the sequence object as well.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't see a problem with what you posted. Is there any significant difference between what you are using and what the stage generates? Taking the NEXTVAL usage out of the picture, of course.
-craig

mac4rfree85
Participant

Post by mac4rfree85 »

The Transformer should not have mapping for the column in which you are populating the NEXTVAL value.
so, your transformer should have only mappings for 7 columns excluding the column in which you will be passing the NEXTVAL value.
Mac4rfree
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you look at the SQL posted, you can see they've done that - the 8 columns mentioned do not include the ID field, it is the 9th field. Hence my "don't see a problem" statement.
-craig