Install 8.01 with out effecting the existing version 7.5.3

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kmk
Participant

Install 8.01 with out effecting the existing version 7.5.3

Post by kmk »

Hi,

I am going install 8.0.1 in unix server sun solaris which alaready have data stage version 7.5.3. i need to contiue both versions in the server. so Please clarify my below doughts.

1.datastage administrator " dsadm" is already there while instaling 8.01 can i give same name as datastage administrator.
2.instace tag and port are for the existing one is "ADE" and "31538" for the version 7.5.3 Can i give same values to the version 8.0.1 if i gave it will overwirte the existing version or not.

Please kindly give solutions for this,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Let me counsel you to avoid 8.0.1. It's very buggy. Get 8.1 or even 8.5.

Version 8.0 mandates the "ade" shared memory key. Therefore you will need to change the shared memory key that your 7.5 installation uses - there are scripts for accomplishing this. I believe that version 8.5 may be more flexible in allowing -itag installations.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kmk
Participant

Post by kmk »

Hi,

thanks for information but now its not possible for go other version..

what about the dsadm user ..same user can i use in 8.0.1 version also as datastage administrator