NEED URGENT HELP!!!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saj
Participant

NEED URGENT HELP!!!!

Post by saj »

Hi All ,
Could you please help me in the below req.
We are receiving 1 file from our source and this file needs to be loaded into the table . But the source system is sending a fixed length file of 1000 bytes or 3000 bytes . Can datastage server job handle this dynamically .
For eg: Today they may sent the file with 1000 byte datastage job need to process this file . Tomorrow they may sent the file with 3000 bytes this one also datastage job needs to process .

Please let us know how to handle this in Datastage .
Any help is appreciated :)
XRAY
Participant

Post by XRAY »

would you need to handle these 2 types of file differently? (e.g 3000 bytes file contain more field )

if so, you may need split out the logic into two parts with the help of execute command stage in sequencer with some unix command to get the size of the file.

if not, say you would only need to handle first 1000 byte from each kind of file, you may convert the input file into .ds and only contain the fields that you need to handle in meta data

plz provide more information...
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: NEED URGENT HELP!!!!

Post by SURA »

Read it for max length and make a logic in Transformer to split the data as needed.

DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Urgent? On a weekend? I don't think so.
At DSXchange we don't "do" urgent. DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post if and when they can contribute something. If you need urgent help, sign up with your official support provider for priority service and learn just how much "urgent" costs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.