Cannot open file UFD

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

whelbli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot open file UFD

Post by whelbli »

I have somehow hosed up one of my projects. I think it has something to do with permissions but I am not sure. Whenever I login to the project I get "Cannot Open file UFD". I am able to get into the project but it is protected and I cannot change any thing. I searched and found a post about issuing "LIST &UFD& DSParams" and I get "Unable to open &UFD& file". Anyone have any ideas?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Be more specific about what you did when you "hosed" the project. Since &UFD& is "the current directory" ordinarily, I would suggest that the VOC entry for &UFD& has become corrupted. Can you post the results of this query?

Code: Select all

LIST.ITEM VOC '&UFD&'
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
whelbli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by whelbli »

Ray, thanks for responding. The solution turned out to be very simple. It appears that while in the process of moving files I inadvertently copied a .Type30 file to the main project folder. Apparently this is a bad thing. I removed the file and all is well.
DJRH
Premium Member
Premium Member

cannot open file UFD

Post by DJRH »

whelbli wrote:Ray, thanks for responding. The solution turned out to be very simple. It appears that while in the process of moving files I inadvertently copied a .Type30 file to the main project folder. Apparently this is a bad thing. I removed the file and all is well.

Thanks guys , This post solved the similar issue i had...
DJRH